If your child is old enough to make marks on a piece of paper, she is old enough for this.
- Large piece of paper
- Crayons, markers, paint...whatever you want to draw with
- Put the piece of paper on the floor
- Have everyone in the family gather around the paper and draw pictures of things they are thankful for. Help your children think of things. Announce what you are drawing. If your child wants you to draw things for her, then go ahead and do it.
- When everyone is done (you might want to set a time limit ;) ), have everyone talk about what they drew.
- We coupled this activity with a lesson on what it means to be thankful.
Here is a photo of our masterpiece last year. Brayden was almost 3.5 and Kaitlyn was 18 months old. The items you can recognize were drawn by my husband and I (okay, mostly my husband ;) ). You can click on the photo to enlarge it.