I love the saying, "The Best Attitude is Gratitude."
This week, we are learning about Blessings and being thankful. We are starting a new Thanksgiving tradition this year. It is the blessing basket.
Old enough to talk. But if your child is not old enough to talk, don't let that stop you and your spouse from doing this in front of your baby. Babies understand long before they communicate.
- Strips or squares of paper
- Basket (or some other container to hold the strips of paper)
This is how we are going to implement this:
- Each night, we say a family prayer together. As we kneel to pray, go around in a circle and list one thing we are grateful for.
- Write each one on a piece of paper. Let the kids draw pictures of the item if they want to.
- Put the paper in the basket.
- On Thanksgiving, read all of the many blessings you enjoy.