- Thanksgiving/November edition of a magazine
- Scissors (for you)
- Glue stick or Glue and Cotton swab
- Card Stock or Construction paper, folded in half (long like a hot dog)
- Go through the magazine together and tear out and cut out pictures of Thanksgiving foods.
- Look through the pictures together and decide which you should make (Sweet potatoes or Mashed potatoes? Pie or cake? Coffee or Hot Chocolate?)
- After deciding, write the Menu out and together glue down pictures in the appropriate places. This is a good time to work on things like beginning sounds, food groups, letter recognition (as you write the words. "Do you see any letters you know? What letter is this?"), colors ("Mashed potatoes are white. Can you find the food that is white?")
- On the big day, let your child pass out the menus.
*If you have a shortage of pictures or no magazines, make one large menu on chart paper. You can print pictures that you find off the computer and glue them on the paper and hang it on the wall/door.