Welcome!

This blog is here for you to find fun learning activities to do with your children. We share great ideas we find and love on the Internet, as well as ideas we come up with on our own! We also like to share resources we find helpful.

To find ideas for your child, click on the age range blog label or on the theme/topic you are looking for (on the left side of the page). In each post, we try to list optimal age ranges for the activity, but you must judge for yourself if it is appropriate for your child. When you try an activity out, please comment and let us (and everyone else) know how your child liked it!

Monday, September 21, 2009

Tried and True: Singing Songs

After posting about the Wheels on the Bus today, I realized I haven't done that much with McKenna (almost six months old) during her lifetime. So this evening, I did it with her. She laughed and laughed and laughed. She loved it.

Kaitlyn (approaching 2.5) played with me. She did McKenna's movements for round two. Then once McKenna was down for a nap, Kaitlyn wanted me to do it to her (the same way I did it to McKenna), then she wanted to do it to me (yes, the same way I did it to McKenna). LOL! You really have to be prepared to do everything you have a toddler do :)

2 comments:

Laura said...

Why is this the case?? I find myself neglecting to do the fun activities I did with my firstborn -- the second [or third] one just grows up so fast!

Valerie Plowman said...

I think there are a lot of factors. One is like you said; they grow so fast you don't realize it passed you by! Then another is that you are busier with more children. With the first, you had so much time to spend with baby. With the second, you divide that in half. With the third, it is in thirds...etc.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails