Welcome!

This blog is here for you to find fun learning activities to do with your children. We share great ideas we find and love on the Internet, as well as ideas we come up with on our own! We also like to share resources we find helpful.

To find ideas for your child, click on the age range blog label or on the theme/topic you are looking for (on the left side of the page). In each post, we try to list optimal age ranges for the activity, but you must judge for yourself if it is appropriate for your child. When you try an activity out, please comment and let us (and everyone else) know how your child liked it!

Monday, September 7, 2009

Meet Your Authors: Amanda

Hello, my name is Amanda, or Manda. I have a 14 month old boy Tobias and I've been married to my wonderful husband Kyle for 2.5 years. We move a lot and always have a lot going on so I have become quite adept at keeping organized in the midst of chaos :)

I have a bachelor's in English Education and am certified to teach grades 6-12 in Georgia. Shortly after graduating I got married and moved to Arizona so I ended up teaching in a school outside my certification. I taught a Kindergarten-First grade class for one year before having my son. I have also nannied for several children ages birth-8 years old for the past 6.5 years.

We will be homeschooling our children, God willing, for their Elementary school years. I believe that whether children go to school or not the most influential teachers they will ever have are their parents. I also believe learning begins from birth and there is a lot we as normal, everyday parents can do to give our children the tools to succeed.

1 comment:

Teacher Laura said...

Thank you for that great introduction! I'm excited about this blog and the chance to hear more about you and your family's activities! I'm on board with homeschooling and being the best teacher for my children. :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails