All kids can have fun playing with it. But only an older child can create it. I would say probably 4 and up. Some 3 year olds might be able to do it.
- Science (if you talk about spiders)
- Fine motor for the child who helps.
- Square piece of cardboard
- Pipe cleaner
- Cut out a small square of cardboard
- Wrap yarn around it
- Tie a piece of yarn around it horizontally. Don't knot it because you will tighten it when you remove the cardboard
- Use the scissors to cut the yarn wrapped around the cardboard
- Remove the cardboard
- Tighten the horizontal piece of yarn
- Cut one side of the horizontal piece of yarn to be as long as the rest of the yard for the spider. Leave the other one long
- Insert pipe cleaner
- Add eyes if desired
Here are some photos of the process. We did grey because we are learning about the color grey this week. The kids have had fun playing with them, but it really wasn't something my two year old could do at all.
I got this idea from Preschooler's Busy Book