Welcome!

This blog is here for you to find fun learning activities to do with your children. We share great ideas we find and love on the Internet, as well as ideas we come up with on our own! We also like to share resources we find helpful.

To find ideas for your child, click on the age range blog label or on the theme/topic you are looking for (on the left side of the page). In each post, we try to list optimal age ranges for the activity, but you must judge for yourself if it is appropriate for your child. When you try an activity out, please comment and let us (and everyone else) know how your child liked it!

Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Easter Basket Sensory Activity

This activity was born out of my need for several things. First of all, I wanted a fun sensory activity for my children for this season of the year. My kids love sensory activities--especially my nearly three year old daughter. Second of all, I had a need to justify the use of another Easter basket. I don't know what it is about these things, but I have a weakness. I love them. My husband wanted me to downsize our collection (I guess since I cam home with two new baskets a couple of weeks ago), so I found myself analyzing the need for each basket.

This is a nice sensory activity for this time of year because, as you can see, the basket can double as a decoration.

AGE RANGE
18 months and up

SUPPLIES
  • Easter Basket
  • Easter grass
  • Treasures to put inside. I put bunnies and eggs. For added excitement, you can put things in the eggs
PREP
  • Fill your eggs with treasures if you intend to
  • Put your treasures in the basket buried under the grass
ACTIVITY

Allow your child to dig through the grass to find the treasures. You child will want to do this over and over again. It is as simple as that.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails