You can make this work for all ages.
- rolling pin
- baking sheet
- butter knife
- zip-lock baggie if doing with baby
- homemade clay (recipe below)
- Make clay. If your child is old enough to help with this process, let him!
- Grease baking sheet
- Have your child flatten the clay out on the baking sheet until it is 1-2 inches thick
- Draw a large heart on clay using marker
- Cut heart out with knife (this is for you)
- Have your children decorate the heart with other clay or making designs in the clay. This represents how each of them are in the gift receiver's heart. Awww. Cute
- Make a hole in the top of the heart with a pencil so you can put a string through it later
- Bake for 30-40 minutes at 300 degrees until exterior has formed a crust
You can put clay in a baggie for baby and let her squeeze it. You can press her hand into the heart to make an impression.
- 1 1/2 cup salt
- 4 cups flour
- 1 1/2 cup water
- food coloring