Welcome!

This blog is here for you to find fun learning activities to do with your children. We share great ideas we find and love on the Internet, as well as ideas we come up with on our own! We also like to share resources we find helpful.

To find ideas for your child, click on the age range blog label or on the theme/topic you are looking for (on the left side of the page). In each post, we try to list optimal age ranges for the activity, but you must judge for yourself if it is appropriate for your child. When you try an activity out, please comment and let us (and everyone else) know how your child liked it!

Friday, December 18, 2009

Snowmen Ornaments


We made these ornaments when I was teaching and they turned out so cute! You'll need white acrylic paint, assorted permanent markers (or paint markers), and blue ornaments. Shatterproof ornaments work really well. I like the matte blue ornaments rather than the shiny, but use what you like best. We tried a bunch of different colors, and the white hand prints against the blue ornaments seemed to work the best. If you have the choice, get a big pack of the ornaments. The first few didn't turn out well, but I got better the more I did.
Directions:
Paint their hand with the white acrylic paint. *More paint seems to mean more smearing, so try a light coat.
I physically took my daughters hand, told her not to move any of her fingers and had her grab the ornament, and lightly pressed on each finger to get the print.
Let them dry.
Use a permanent marker to draw faces, hats, scarves, and buttons.
Print name and year on the back. I used a paint marker for that.
If giving as a gift, you can attach the following poem:
These aren't just five snowmen
As anyone can see.
I made them with my hand
Which is a part of me.
Now each year when you trim the tree
You'll look back and recall
Christmas of 2009
When my hand was just this small!

3 comments:

Kristy Powers said...

This is REALLY cute. I'll have to give it a try.

Melanie said...

Love this idea! I am going to have to make some of these for sure. So cute.

Kimmer said...

I made these with my almost three year old and he loved doing it, grandma loved receiving it and showing to everybody, and our friends are going to do it with their child next year. It's a fantastic, easy idea that really does look cute when finished. Thank you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails