Welcome!

This blog is here for you to find fun learning activities to do with your children. We share great ideas we find and love on the Internet, as well as ideas we come up with on our own! We also like to share resources we find helpful.

To find ideas for your child, click on the age range blog label or on the theme/topic you are looking for (on the left side of the page). In each post, we try to list optimal age ranges for the activity, but you must judge for yourself if it is appropriate for your child. When you try an activity out, please comment and let us (and everyone else) know how your child liked it!

Monday, May 23, 2011

Lamination

Scotch Thermal Laminator 15.5 Inches x 6.75 Inches x 3.75 Inches, 2 Roller System (TL901)

A couple of years ago, my husband said, "Maybe we should get you a laminator?" I replied, "Eh. I would probably use it a few times when I first got it, but then it would just sit."

Flash forward to me having been writing on this blog for a year and Christmas is approaching. I can't really think of anything I want. I see this laminator (above) for a great deal and decide to try it out. Why not. I don't enjoy using contact paper to laminate things, so I figured I would give it a try.

I LOVE IT!

I am constantly laminating things. It is addictive. Whenever I make a learning game, like the "Feed the Penguin" game, I laminate it so it will last through three children.

I also started to laminate the items I put up on my Learning Poster each week. With just paper, the paper would curl on the edges. Laminated it does not. Plus I can re-use the items over and over again.

My husband laughs at me ("you wouldn't use a laminator huh?").

Sometimes I just love being wrong.

2 comments:

Melissa M said...

I love my laminator, too. My current lamination project is photos of all of my kids' aunts, uncles, cousins, and grandparents (there are a lot!) to help them learn all of their names before we see them all this summer.

ninalazina said...

I purchased a laminator about five years ago. It comes in very handy. I have laminated the boys drawings and worksheets so that they can be reused. I have even laminated some wedding photos - i know, sad!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails