This is a tasty treat that is easy to make. I found it in the Big Book of Halloween.
- Math skills
- Color skills
- Fine motor skills
- 1 stick of butter
- 12 oz jar of peanut butter
- 16 oz powdered sugar--sifted
- Red and yellow food coloring
- Green icing
- Large bowl
- Wooden spoon (but I used beaters, and wish I had just used my Bosche mixer)\
- Melt butter
- Pour butter in large bowl
- Add several drops of food coloring to make orange. 2 drops of red and 3 drops of yellow will make orange, but I had to do that several times before everything was truly orange.
- Add peanut butter.
- Add powdered sugar (sifted).
- Mix until a dough like consistency is reached.
- Shape dough into small balls.
- Make ridges using a toothpick. Don't scratch them in. Just press the toothpick into the balls.
- Add a small amount of green icing on the top of each pumpkin for a stem.
Note: See the bowl in this picture? Not a large bowl. I ended up moving everything into a large bowl.