This is a simple, fun craft to do at Halloween, while learning about insects, or while learning about the Eency Weency Spider nursery rhyme. This is something Brayden made a year ago at Preschool.
Older Toddler and up.
- Paper cup
- Pipe cleaner cut into pieces (for legs)
- Marker for drawing if desired
- 1/8" elastic if desired (for putting around wrist)
- Cut paper cup down to size
- Poke holes in paper cup for legs. This will make it easier for your child to get the legs in
- Cut elastic to size
- Cut pipe cleaner to size
This activity is simple. You have your child glue eyes on the spider and draw anything they want on the spider's body. You then have your child poke the pipe cleaner into the holes. Glue or staple the elastic to the bottom of the cup if desired.
Your child can then put the cup on his wrist and walk it around and be a spider.