My son brought this activity home from preschool (above, age four) and Kindergarten (below, age five). I figured if it is good enough for both teachers, it is good enough to post here!
- red crepe paper
- green crepe paper
- black marker/paint OR actual watermelon seeds
- Draw a half circle for your child. If your child is able, have him cut it out. If not, you cut it out.
- Draw a line to divide the flesh from the rind.
- Have your child tear or cut red crepe paper to glue in the flesh section.
- Have your child tear or cut green crepe paper to glue for the rind section.
- Glue on seeds or add black paint dots for seeds.