- Coffee Filter
- Markers, paints, or something to color coffee filter
- Pom-pom balls
- Pipe cleaner
- Wiggly eyes
- Color the coffee filter. Set aside to dry.
- Glue some pom-pom balls to a clothes pin. Three works well--that way you can open and close the clothes pin easily.
- Glue on wiggly eyes.
- Glue on pipe cleaner for antennae.
- You can then take the caterpillar and scrunch up the filter in the clothes pin to make a butterfly! This is a great supplement to a caterpillar theme unit!
Kaitlyn made this at preschool last month and it has been one of her favorite projects by far.