This is something Brayden made in preschool last year. It is a simple activity to learn about the letter U, talk about rain, and do some fine motor practice while also working on gluing skills.
Preschoolers through Kindergarteners. Some older toddlers might be able to do this, too. If you have an older child do this, challenge him by having him cut around the rain drop, not just a rectangle around the raindrop.
- Paper with umbrella on it
- Paper with raindrops with pictures of U items--including the letter U
- Have your child color the pictures. Be sure to talk about the words and the "U" sound they start with.
- Have your child cut out the rain drops.
- Have your child glue the raindrops onto the picture.