I have these Jack-Be-Little pumpkins all over my house, serving as a nice decoration. I kept looking at them wanting to do something unique with them, and came up with this. I think they make darling decorations! This is a great activity for fine motor skills practice.
If you assemble the turkey, 12 months and up. The child will need to be older for assembling.
- Pumpkin (you could also use a pear, apple...whatever)
- Turkey head printed out
- Have your child color the turkey head.
- If your child is able, have him cut out the turkey head.
- Tape the turkey head to the toothpick.
- You can either slide the toothpick into the turkey or poke a hole in the turkey with a nail and have your child slide it in.
- Poke holes for the feathers. Either you put them in, or have your child do it if he is able.