Welcome!

This blog is here for you to find fun learning activities to do with your children. We share great ideas we find and love on the Internet, as well as ideas we come up with on our own! We also like to share resources we find helpful.

To find ideas for your child, click on the age range blog label or on the theme/topic you are looking for (on the left side of the page). In each post, we try to list optimal age ranges for the activity, but you must judge for yourself if it is appropriate for your child. When you try an activity out, please comment and let us (and everyone else) know how your child liked it!

Friday, April 2, 2010

Book Review: You've Got to Check This Out!!!


While meandering through Barnes and Noble this weekend I happened upon the cutest book. So cute I made my husband sit and listen to me read it to him. And I really wanted to read it to him multiple times. I loved it so much I had to share!!!


The book, Pete the Cat: I Love My White Shoes, was a breath of fresh air on a shelf full of stale and overly commercial books. Pete the cat sings a song about his love of his white shoes. Along the way he steps in different things (strawberries, blueberries, mud, etc) to turn his brand new shoes different colors. No matter what happens to his shoes, he keeps upbeat because "it's all good." It has a terrific moral to the story ("no matter what you step in...") and I immediately thought this would be a great teaching book about handling the bumps in the road (especially for emotional toddlers and preschoolers).

I don't think you'll be disappointed with this one!!

5 comments:

Angela said...

Thanks for the info. I'll go buy it!

Ashley said...

We'll have to check it out next time we're in B&N. Thanks for sharing Raegan!

Jenny said...

I love your book recommendations!

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a super cute book!

Amanda said...

Sounds good, I've been wanting some longer books to get for Tobias soon so this is definitely going on the list. Thanks for the recommendation!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails